The Shelford Careers Program works with Senior School students so they make informed decisions about subject choices and explore different career and tertiary options as they move through school.
Starting at Year 8 with subject selection counselling, the Careers Counsellor supports every student past the release of their Year 12 results to ensure each individual finds the tertiary pathway that is right for them.
Aspects of this comprehensive program include:
- A Year 9 skills-based program with 4GR Consulting Services focusing on essential employability skills.
- Year 10 Work experience opportunities – both onsite and virtual and the opportunity to participate in a program to explore how the world of work changing and addressing the change of skills required in the modern workplace.
- The Year 11 Careers Conference including site visits to multiple tertiary institutions, guest speakers on career options, trends in the workforce and employability skills.
- Individual VTAC counselling for every Year 12 to explore the wide range of tertiary options available to them that best suit their interests and strengths. Year 12 students also hear from a range of relevant tertiary institutions and careers speakers.
- Opportunities to complete career profiling.