Location and transport
Shelford is a leading, independent girls’ school conveniently located in the suburb of Caulfield, nine kilometres from the city of Melbourne, in the state of Victoria. This peaceful location is well serviced by a series of Shelford charter buses and public transport links.
Getting to Shelford
An excellent range of convenient, public transport means that getting to Shelford is easy.
Public Transport Victoria buses run from Glen Waverley, Mt Waverley and Chadstone areas, and travel along Glen Eira Road stopping at Hood Crescent.
Railway transport on the Frankston, Cranbourne-Pakenham and Sandringham lines connect with school buses and give convenient and quick access to Shelford. Ripponlea station on the Sandringham line is the closest station for Shelford students to walk to school from.
Trams along Glenhuntly, Balaclava, Dandenong and Glenferrie Roads provide excellent service and also connect with school buses.
Shelford also offers a Chartered Bus Service on the following routes:
- Serial 1: Malvern, Malvern East
- Serial 2: Glenhuntly, Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Oakleigh
- Serial 3: Ormond, McKinnon, Bentleigh, Bentleigh East
- Serial 5: Elwood, Brighton, Hampton, Sandringham
- Serial 6: St Kilda, Middle Park, Albert Park, Port Melbourne
- Serial 7: Blackburn, Glen Waverley, Mt Waverley, Glen Iris, Ashburton, Malvern East, Caulfield North
The bus service is flexible and can be booked for the year, term or casually as required. Bookings can be modified as needed.